Tuesday, December 28, 2010

WINNER WONDERLAND

The Phoenix Film Critics Society has announced the winners of our 11th annual awards:


Best Picture

The King's Speech

Top Ten Films

127 Hours

Inception

Never Let Me Go

Shutter Island

The Kids Are All Right

The King's Speech

The Social Network

True Grit

Toy Story 3

Winter's Bone

Best Director

Christopher Nolan, Inception

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Colin Firth, The King's Speech

Best Actress in a Leading Role

Natalie Portman, Black Swan

Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Christian Bale, The Fighter

Best Actress in a Supporting Role

Melissa Leo, The Fighter

Best Ensemble Acting

The Social Network

Best Screenplay - Original

Inception

Best Screenplay – Adaptation

The Social Network

Best Live Action Family Film

Alice in Wonderland

The Overlooked Film of the Year

Never Let Me Go

Best Animated Film

Toy Story 3

Best Foreign Language Film

Biutiful

Best Documentary Film

Restrepo

Best Original Song

Burlesque, "You Haven't See the Last of Me"

Best Original Score

Inception

Best Cinematography

True Grit

Best Film Editing

Inception

Best Production Design

Inception

Best Costume Design

Alice in Wonderland

Best Visual Effects

Inception

Best Stunts

Inception

Breakthrough Performance on Camera

Chloe Moretz, Kick-Ass

Breakthrough Performance behind the Camera

Debra Granik, Winter's Bone

Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male

Kodi Smit-McPhee, Let Me In

Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role – Female

Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit

2 comments:

  1. Sir,

    I can hardly believe I have stumbled onto your blog. I am a huge fan of your writing, and you were a seminal influence for me in my early film going years. I used to read you when you wrote for the New Times and have sorely missed those weekly reviews. I always wondered what the hell happened to you, and I can kick myself with how easily it would have been to find out if I would have just given it a little bit of thought. Regardless, I want to sincerely thank you for helping a once novice in shaping how I looked at movies. I am very pleased that I'll be able to follow your writings once again.

    Take care,
    Phillip Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx so much for the incredibly kind words, sir; it's nice to know somebody was out there reading me in those days...I hope you'll drop by the blog often! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete