Friday, September 30, 2011

MOUTHS OF BABES

Saturday evening at The Royale in Mesa, The Midnite Movie Mamacita revives the sick-ass, unforgettable Tom Six film The Human Centipede (First Sequence), in preparation for the meta-sequel, The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence), out later this month. You can read my review of the first film here, & if you’re not squeamish, see the trailer for the new film here.

A pal directed me these remarkable clips of Linda Blair in The Exorcist, before the voice of Mercedes McCambridge was overdubbed. The finished clips are presented afterwards, for a compare & contrast. What do you think? For me, it truly shows how much McCambridge added to that film.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it's because I'm used to McCambridge's voice as the demon, but I found Linda Blair's voice to be more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I might feel the same way, that hearing a little-girl voice saying those lines might come across as more realistic & creepy, but somehow it didn't; it just seemed sort of funny. Still, you've got to give it to Blair; her expressions really seem worthy of the scary voice!

    ReplyDelete