Thursday, April 23, 2015

AND I NEED YOU TODAY, OH MANDA

The other day it fell to me to evict this pleasant little invader from the offices of The Day Gig…



I relocated the trespasser to a junk-cluttered desert area outside where, I hoped, he or she would find ample prey and shelter. The creature, whose skin was a pretty orangey-red that doesn’t come across in the pictures, expressed his or her opinion of my actions by excreting on my hands. The exploit made me feel like I should have my own show on Animal Planet.

Anyway…

Monster-of-the-Week: …in his or her’s honor let’s give this week’s nod to Manda, the titanic snakelike terror from several Japanese monster films, including 1963’s Atragon and my own favorite kaiju free-for-all, 1968’s Destroy All Monsters...

No comments:

Post a Comment